Detalhes do Evento
Resumo do Curso: Audience: Geologists, geophysicists or geochemists involved in petroleum potential evaluation. Multidisciplinary team managers. Level: Petroleum systems concepts and elements are expected to be known. Objectives: This course
Detalhes do Evento
Resumo do Curso:
Audience: Geologists, geophysicists or geochemists involved in petroleum potential evaluation. Multidisciplinary team managers.
Level: Petroleum systems concepts and elements are expected to be known.
Objectives: This course provides an in-depth and practical understanding of basin modeling in a comprehensive workflow, including modeling of oil maturation, overpressure generation and hydrocarbon migration, and leading to the assessment of hydrocarbon potential of an exploration block or a prospect.
During this course attendees will put hands on examples to gain a quantitative understanding of important geological and physico-chemical processes involved in petroleum systems by performing sensitivity analysis.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Perform critical review of petroleum system studies,
- Rank the possible key controlling factors on source rock maturation and hydrocarbons generation depending on the geological context,
- Anticipate risks of anomalous pressures and analyze their cause,
- Interpret hydrocarbon migration processes and evaluate the hydrocarbon potential of a given area.
Material: We thank Beicip-Franlab, which markets TemisFlow, for providing the software for the duration of the course.
Mestre em Ciências Aplicadas e Engenharia e Gestão pela École des Mines de Seunt Etienne.
– PhD em Geociências da Universidade Pierre et Macie Curie em Paris.
– Since 2018, Mathieu Ducros is director of C6+, a company which provides consulting and R&D services to the petroleum industry. Mathieu worked more than 7 years as a researcher in the French Institute of Petroleum (now IFPEN) where he was involved in research projects for petroleum exploration, mostly on petroleum system modeling, stratigraphic modeling and uncertainty management. Before, he worked 3 years in Beicip-Franlab to design software for oil and gas exploration, to train users and to support consulting studies.
– Mathieu has a Master of Science in Applied Mathematics from the École des Mines of Saint Etienne and a joint master’s in engineering and management from the École des Mines of Saint Etienne and the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid. He holds a Ph.D. in geosciences from the Pierre et Marie Curie University in Paris.
21 (Quarta-feira) 8:00 am - 23 (Sexta-feira) 6:00 pm